- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Stuffed Figs Recipe
|Ripe figs||4 Large|
|Ground almonds||45 Gram (4 Tablespoon)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped dried apricots||2 Tablespoon|
|Natural yogurt||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Orange)|
|Figs||1 , cut into wedges (For Decoration)|
|Mint leaves/Strawberry leaves||3 (For Decoration)|
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 5.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Ease the four sections of each fig outward to form a flower shape.
3. Put the ground almonds, orange juice and chopped apricots into a small bowl and mix together thoroughly.
4. Divide this mixture into four, and press it into the centre of each fig.
5. For the sauce, mix the yogurt with the orange rind, and thin it down with just a little water, or orange juice.
6. Spoon a small pool of orange yogurt onto each of four plates, and sit a stuffed fig into the centre of each pool. Decorate with the additional wedges of fig, and the mint or strawberry leaves.