- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Pistachio Cranberry Cookies and Butter Cookies Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (almond, pistachio, and cranberry)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash (For greasing the cookie baking tray)|
|Baking chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (For dipping the butter cookies)|
|Sprinkles, red/white/blue||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For decorating the chocolate dipped cookies)|
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 118.4 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cookie baking tray
2. Cookie cutter molds of different shapes
1. Take a cookie baking tray and grease it using a cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Take a bowl and add butter and sugar. Mix well to combine.
4. Take another bowl with the all-purpose flour. Into that add the corn starch, baking powder, salt and mix well.
5. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, add freshly ground cardamom powder, little bit of vanilla extract. Combine well and form a ball of dough.
6. Divide the dough into two parts and into one part add the almonds, pistachios and cranberries and combine well using your hands.
7. Once done make small balls with small portions of the dough, lay them on the cookie baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, with the other part of the dough make simple butter cookies. Take medium portions of the dough, roll out into a thin sheet and cut different shapes using cookie cutter molds.
9. Lay them on the cookie sheet and bake similarly.
10. Serve the almond pistachio and cranberry cookies as it is. The butter cookies can be served dipped in the melted baking chocolate and with a touch of the decorative colorful sprinkles.