- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Almond Macaroons With Vanilla Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1067 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 97.8 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 104.1 g
Protein 30 g59.3%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.3% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the sugar, ground almonds and cornstarch thoroughly.
3. Fold them into the whipped whites, with the vanilla.
4. Place the mixture in a forcing bag with a 1/2 inch nozzle.
5. Pipe onto unglazed paper or baking parchment in 1 1/2 -inch rounds, piping from the center in circles.
6. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325°F until firm and light fawn.