- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Jumbles Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce, sifted (175 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Dash (To Sprinkle)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2052 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.3%
Saturated Fat 60.5 g302.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.3 mg
Sodium 82.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 251 g83.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 114.4 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.1% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until very soft, light and fluffy.
3) Gradually add the egg, beating continuously.
4) Mix together the flour and ground almonds, then work these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture to give a fairly soft dough.
5) Divide the dough in two and form each half into a roll 1 cm/ 1/2 in in diameter on a lightly floured board.
6) Cut off 7.5 cm/3 in lengths and form them into 'S' shapes on the prepared baking trays.
7) Bake in a moderate oven (180 C, 350 F, gas 4) for 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
8) Sprinkle the jumbles with caster sugar immediately they are removed from the oven.
9) Leave to cool on the trays for a minute before transferring the biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely