- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Joy Cake Recipe
|Devils food cake mix||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce (1 can)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||14 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||3 Ounce, toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9541 Calories from Fat 4276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 502 g772%
Saturated Fat 332.1 g1660.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.5 mg
Sodium 4409.1 mg183.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1264 g421.4%
Dietary Fiber 89.4 g357.7%
Sugars 931.9 g
Protein 98 g196.6%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 139.5% Iron 97.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat an oven at required temperature as per packet instructions.
2. Prepare cake mix as per directions, pour in a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan and bake.
3. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine 1 ½ cups sugar and ½ can milk. Mix well and bring to boil.
5. Once boiled, remove from heat and add marshmallows. Mix well till they start to melt.
6. Add coconut, mix well and pour over warm cake.
7. Keep aside to cool. Once cooled, de mould and keep aside.
8. In another sauce pan, combine remaining milk and sugar. Mix well and bring to boil.
9. Once boiled, remove from heat and add butter and chocolate chips. Mix well till they start to melt.
10. Pour over coconut covered cake and top with almonds.
11. Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
12. Cut chilled cake into squares/ pieces and serve immediately.