- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Fruit Tart Recipe
|Oat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), skinned ground|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold butter/4 tablespoon spectrum spread||4 Tablespoon, diced|
|Purified water||5 Tablespoon, cold|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For jam glaze and fruit topping|
|Whole fruit jam/Whole fruit jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Strawberry Or Apricot)|
|Purified water||3 Tablespoon|
|Kiwis||2 , peeled, sliced|
|Raspberries/1 1/5 pint poached pears , 3 cups||1 1⁄2 Pint (3 Cups)|
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.2 mg11.4%
Sodium 43.7 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
Making the pastry
2. Using a food processor, pulse pastry ingredients with 3 tablespoons water, 6 times, for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon more water, if dough is dry.
3. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in a 10 X 10 inch parchment paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Unwrap chilled dough and using a rolling pan, roll it out on parchment paper into a circle which extends 1 ½ inches beyond a 9 inch pie pan-€™s edges.
5. Flip dough into pie pan and discard the paper by peeling off.
6. Using fingers, press down the dough, and trim excess with a knife so that dough is within the pan wdges.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
8. Take out chilled dough and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the piecrust center comes out dry.
9. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes to cool.
Making the filling
10. Using a food processor, process the filling ingredients to smooth.
11. Pour into cooled crust and bake for 20 minutes or until top turns golden brown and puffs up.
12. Keep aside to cool.
13. To prepare the glaze, heat jam with water on low heat in a saucepan top syrup. Using a wire mesh strainer, strain gaze into a bowl.
12. Brush tart with glaze and garnish the art with kiwi slices around perimeter and raspberries or pears in the center.
13. Brush the fruits with another jam glaze layer to be held together.
14. Cut the pie into 12 equal pieces and serve immediately.