- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Florentine Cookies Recipe Video
|Almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (unblanched)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (as required) (Optional)|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.9% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, take the almonds and crush it with hands.
4. In a large bowl, add egg whites and whisk it till frothy. Put the powdered sugar, salt and almonds. Mix it well till all almonds are well coated.
5. Using a spoon or scoop, take small portions of the almond mixture and place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Using fingers or fork, gently press down the almonds to remove any space in between.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or till they turn golden brown. Remove from oven, transfer them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. If using chocolate, then drizzle it lightly on the cookies and let it harden before serving.
9. In a serving plate, serve the cookies with a refreshing beverage or as it is or store it in an air tight container.