- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Filled Pastry Crescents Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned almond paste||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), ground|
|Confectioners sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (10X)|
Calories 1031 Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.4%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.8 mg
Sodium 316 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 50 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.5% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shape pastry into a ball; divide into 3 equal pieces; shape each piece into a round; flatten slightly. Wrap each third in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Place almond paste in a small bowl; break up with a fork. Beat in egg, the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and ground almonds until mixture is thoroughly combined. (Mixture will be sticky.)
4. Turn almond mixture out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a ball with floured hands. Divide into thirds. Shape each third into a rope 1/2-inch in diameter and 16 inches long. (If mixture sticks, flour hands and surface lightly.) Cut each rope into sixteen 1-inch pieces.
5. Roll out pastry, one third at a time, to a 1/8-inch thickness, on a lightly floured surface; roll to a 12x12-inch square. Trim off rough edges. With a sharp knife, cut into sixteen 3-inch squares.
6. Place one piece of almond paste diagonally across one corner of the pastry square. Lift the point over the paste and roll jelly roll fashion. Pinch the ends enclosing the almond filling. Curve the pastry into a crescent.
7. Place crescents, 1 inch apart, on an ungreased cooky sheet. Bake in a hot oven (400°) 12 minutes, or until edges of cookies just begin to brown.
8. Place 10X sugar in a pie plate or on large sheet of wax paper. Place warm cookies, a few at a time, upside down in sugar to coat; turn once or twice.
9. Place cookies on wire racks to cool thoroughly. Store in wax paper-separated layers in an airtight tin. Sprinkle with additional sugar before serving.