- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Crusted Yellow Perch with Balsamic and Red Currant Reduction Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large, lightly beaten|
|Almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|White fish fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (perch/ tilapia)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jelly||3 Tablespoon (red current)|
Calories 1748 Calories from Fat 1375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 157 g242.2%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.1 mg
Sodium 317.5 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 51 g102.6%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wide mouthed dish/ plate, put the flour. Set aside.
2. In a wide dish, break the eggs and lightly beat them. Set aside.
3. In a wide bowl, put the almond slices and set aside.
4. In a deep frying pan, heat oil to very hot.
5. Take a fillet of perch, dredge it in flour, roll it in egg and coat it with almond slices.
6. Put it carefully in the hot oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
7. Transfer them on to paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. Repeat this with all the remaining fillets.
9. In another pan, pour the balsamic vinegar and bring it to boil. Simmer till it reduces to half.
10. Put the red current jelly and simmer for a few more minutes till well combined.
11. In a serving platter, arrange the fried fish, drizzle the balsamic reduction generously all over it. Serve it hot with choice of side like rice, mashed potatoes or salad.