- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Crunch Rice Recipe
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.6 mg30.9%
Sodium 548.2 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, add stock and heat to boiling point.
2. Add rice to it and allow it to come to a boil, stirring often to prevent rice from sticking to the sides.
3. Cover with lid and simmer on low flame for 15 minutes or transfer to the middle level of a warm oven (350 degree F) for 20 minutes.
4. When rice is tender and stock is absorbed, add butter and almonds and mix in lightly without stirring too much.
5. Turn off heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Spoon out onto a platter and garnish with chopped parsley
7. Serve hot a meat or fish.