- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Cream Soup Recipe
|Potato||1 Small, finely sliced|
|Spring onions/2-3 slices of ordinary onion||4 , finely sliced|
|Celery stalks||4 , finely sliced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Heavy cream||5 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1563 Calories from Fat 988
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.5%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g196.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.9 mg
Sodium 1212 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.8%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 49 g99%
Vitamin A 73.2% Vitamin C 87%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 51.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, pour boiling water onto the almonds and let stand for a few minutes; then drain and pop almonds out of their skins. Reserve 10-12 whole almonds for garnish, and chop or finely grind the remainder. This can be done in an electric blender, but a little stock should be added to liquefy slightly. Add this paste to the pan, and cook for another 20 minutes.
3. Remove the bay leaf and sprigs of parsley. Pour soup into the electric blender and blend slowly until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve.
4. Melt the butter, add the flour, and stir until smooth. Add the strained soup slowly, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add salt, pepper, and mace, being careful not to overpower the light almond flavor.
5. Cut the remaining almonds into slivers, brown lightly in a cool oven, and sprinkle with a little salt.
6. Add a spoonful of cream to each soup cup, and at the last moment sprinkle with the crisp brown almonds. The soup can also be served chilled.