- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Cracked Wheat Loaf Recipe
|Cracked wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole almonds||4 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2899 Calories from Fat 1021
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg
Sodium 1681.2 mg70.1%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.3%
Dietary Fiber 70.6 g282.3%
Sugars 67.5 g
Protein 95 g189.4%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 98.6% Iron 139.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grind the almonds in blender or food processor or chop very fine.
3. In a medium-sized bowl mix the yeast, dry milk, salt, and 1 cup whole wheat flour. Add 1/2 cup very warm water, the oil, and molasses. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups more flour and beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the almonds, cracked wheat, and enough additional flour to make a firm dough.
4. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Put in an oiled bowl and turn to oil the top. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to touch the dough. Let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until light (bread will not double).
5. Turn out, punch down, and shape into a ball. Put on an oiled baking sheet and cover with the same sheet of plastic. Let rise for 30 minutes or until light. Slash across the top with a sharp knife in three places.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack. Delicious toasted.