- » Vegan Almond Cookies
Vegan Almond Cookies Recipe Video
I've been getting tons of emails from parents asking for healthy cookie recipes. That request is actually a lot harder than you would think. The words 'healthy' and 'cookies' rarely go into the same sentence. And for good reason. But we here at weelicious are up for any challenge. Not only are these little almond cookies super fast and easy to make, you only have to keep a few ingredients on hand in order to whip them up on a moment’s notice!
Preparation Time10 MinCooking Time15 Min
Ready In25 MinDifficulty LevelEasy
The day I made them, Kenya and I had a few and were in heaven. He kept begging for more, but I always try to limit him to one or two. I wish I could say the same thing for my girlfriends. They came over to watch the Bachelor finale (yes, I do love some mindless television now and then), and not only did the ladies enjoy them, they finished every last one! Next time I have to remember to make a double batch.
By the way, these cookies are delicious even if you eat wheat and dairy.
| ||Almond butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
| ||Almond flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
| ||Honey/Agave nector||6 Tablespoon|
| ||Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
| ||Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered (for decoration)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1329 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.4%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.7 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 77.3 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 0.01%
Vitamin C 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
3. You can either roll the dough by hand into 1 inch balls and lightly press down with a fork or your fingers OR you can pat into a large square and cut into smaller 1-inch squares.
4. Place the cookies on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. The cookies will crisp as they cool.
6. Allow cookies to cool and store in an airtight container.
6. Serve it with juice or smoothie.
It’s sad to see kids at a party not having their favorite cake or cookie just because they are allergic to milk products or gluten. Here is a nice vegan and gluten-free almond cookie recipe to serve for vegan kids and kids who are allergic. Weelicious host is baking vegan almond cookie with just 4 ingredients and she makes it easily with her kid around. So, try these delicious almond cookie even if you are a busy mom.