- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Coated Warm Brie Recipe
|Whole wheat cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Brie cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, sliced|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg
Sodium 544 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs and almonds.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice wedge of Brie lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices, then into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths.
3. Into oil dip pieces and roll in cracker mixture, patting to make crumbs cling.
4. In 10-inch (25 cm) pie plate, arrange in circle and cover loosely with waxed paper.
5. Microwave at Medium (50%) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened and heated through.
6. Arrange tomato slices on individual plates, top with warm cheese, garnish with olives and basil and serve.