- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Caesar Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe Video
|Romaine lettuce||2 Medium, chopped|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), whole, blanched|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|A 1 sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard||2 Teaspoon (brown)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 562
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.4%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.5 mg8.5%
Sodium 985.6 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 250% Vitamin C 85%
Calcium 61.6% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the chopped Romaine lettuce in colander (or salad spinner), wrap in tea towel and refrigerate until used.
2. In a pan, heat butter. Put the almonds and sauté them for a few minutes.
3. Season with salt and set aside.
4. In the bottom of a large salad bowl, mix together olive oil, salt and pepper, A-1 sauce, mustard and garlic.
5. Add lettuce, lemon, Parmesan and almonds and toss thoroughly till the dressing coats all the ingredients well.
6. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the salad with choice of crispy bread or serve as it is garnished with bread crumbs.