- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Butter Crunch Recipe Video
|Butter||8 Ounce, cubed (2 sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon (clear)|
|Toasted almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered|
|Milk chocolate||8 Ounce, melt|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crush|
Calories 822 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.5%
Saturated Fat 27.4 g137.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 47.9 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 65.6 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.1% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan combine butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup. Place it on low heat and cook until the sugar dissolves.
2. Turn the heat to medium low, stir occasionally, and cook the mixture until it reaches 300 degree when measured with thermometer.
3. Drop toasted almonds in it. Mix well.
4. On cookie sheet, spoon mixture into small rounds as shown in the video. Let it cool.
5. Spread melted chocolate over the almond candies. Do not spread chocolate over to the edge of candies.
6. Sprinkle crushed almonds on top. Let it firm up.
7. Serve almond butter crunch with ice cream.