- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Butter cookies Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Finely ground almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.4%
Saturated Fat 32 g159.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 25.4 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 69.2 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method, cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and vanilla extract together till fluffy.
5) In a medium bowl mix thoroughly flour and ground almonds.
6) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
7) For the Food Processor Method, begin with grinding almonds using the appropriate blade. Keep aside.
8) Beat butter till creamy.
9) Add sugar and vanilla extract and process until fluffy.
10) In a medium bowl mix thoroughly flour and ground almonds.
11) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
12) Place dough in cookie press and get preferred shapes.
13) Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
14) Put in preheated oven to bake for 8-10 minutes till golden.
15) Shift to wire racks and let it cool.
16) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.