- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Brittle Recipe Video
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.53 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 68.6 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Peel the almonds by boiling them in water, this will soften the skin and the almons would be peeled easily.
3. After peeling spread the almonds on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and toast them in the oven at 350F for a few minutes.
4. In a large pan add sugar, water and lemon juice let them dissolve on low heat, in the meantime chop half the almonds and leave the rest whole.
5. Once the sugar is golden brown you can add the almonds and stir until everything is coated well then pour this mixture in the lined baking dish and spread it evenly.
6. Spread the mixture out so that it has an even thickness throughout. Then wait for the brittle to cool.
7. Spread the mixture out so that it has an even thickness throughout. Then wait for the brittle to cool.
8. Serve this classic Christmas dessert after hearty meal.
Almond brittle can be made with all of the nuts chopped, all whole, or half and half like I'm doing.