- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||10 Tablespoon, divided|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded rice biscuits||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Chopped toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.2 mg
Sodium 308.8 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, whisk egg yolks and milk until well blended.
2. Stir gelatin, 1/4 cup sugar and salt into the milk.
3. Place pan over a low flame and stir for 10 minutes until custard is thick
4. Stir in the almond and vanilla extract.
5. Cool to room temperature, stir occasionally.
6. In the meanwhile, take a small bowl, combine cereal crumbs, almonds, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter.
7. Stir until well blended.
8. Spoon 1 tablespoon of this mixture into 6 individual molds and press lightly to form the crust.
9. Set aside.
10. In a clean dry bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy
11. Gradually add remaining sugar and continue whisking till it holds to form soft peaks.
12. When the custard is cooled, gently fold in egg whites and whipped cream using a spatula.
13. Spoon mixture into lined molds.
14. Sprinkle remaining crumble on top .
15. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
16. Unmold onto dessert plates.
17. Serve chilled.