- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond and Lemon Curd Buttons Recipe
|Butter||9 Ounce, softened (250 Gram)|
|Golden caster sugar||5 Ounce (140 Gram, Plus Extra)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon (Grated From 2 Lemons)|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Little, To Seal)|
|Lemon curd||3 Tablespoon|
|Flaked almonds||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg
Sodium 12.8 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt to a smooth consistency. To the batter, add in the flour and ground almonds.
3) Shape the dough into 2 rounds. Roll them out a bit and flatten them. Wrap the dough rounds in cling film and chill for about 30 minutes until they are firm.
4) On a floured surface, roll out 1 dough round to about 1/8th inch thickness. Make small rounds from the dough with a 7cm cutter.
5) Brush the small rounds with milk , and then spoon in a dollop of lemon curd into the middle of half of the rounds cut out.
6) Lay the remaining plain rounds on top of the rounds topped with lemon curd. Then, seal the edges by pressing gently with your fingers. Sprinkle some caster sugar and the flaked almonds on top.
7) Note: At this point, you can free the cookies and bake them later.
8) Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until they turn light golden.
9) Repeat with the same process with the remaining pastry dough. You can also freeze the remaining pastry dough and use it later.
10) Remove from oven. Let it cool. Serve as desired.