- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond and Cherry Bars Recipe
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), blanched|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted/flaked/shredded|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sweet chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1624 Calories from Fat 940
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.2%
Saturated Fat 40.4 g202.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 39.1 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.7%
Sugars 123.4 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In an electric mixer, place cherries and almonds. Grind till course.
2. Remove on to a bowl and add coconut. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In another bowl, combine butter, almond extract and honey and cream well.
4. Add ground mixture and mix well.
5. Transfer mixture on to wax paper and shape into rectangle.
6. Spread melted chocolate evenly on top and keep aside to set.
7. Once set, cut into bars, each 2 inch x 2 ½ inch.
8. Serve immediately.