- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Acorns Recipe
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), blanched, toasted|
|Chocolate sprinkles||15 Ounce (1 jar)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1123 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114.1 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 109.6 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C
Calcium 25.2% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a pan placed over hot water, add in chocolate pieces.
3) Let the chocolates soften slightly, before stirring it to a smooth paste.
4) Place the almonds on a baking sheet or a shallow pan. Bake for about 20 minutes. You can even deep fry the almonds at 265 degree tempearture for a minute, or till the almonds brown slightly.
5) Dip half of the almond in the melted chocolate. Dip the chocolate half in a bowl full of chocolate sprinkles.
6) Arrange the almonds on a wax paper till the chocolate hardens.
7) Serve the Almond Acorns as an appetizer.