- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
All Time Antipasto Salad Recipe
|Fresh broccoli||2 Pound (2 Bunches)|
|Carrots||6 , pared|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Small button mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, rinsed, drained and halved (1 Can)|
|Canned pitted black olives||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Italian salad dressing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian herb seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1745.8 mg72.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 240.7% Vitamin C 293.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Separate broccoli into florets.
2) Pare stems and cut into 1-inch pieces.
3) Blanch broccoli, then place in cold water.
4) Cut carrots, celery and bell pepper into 1-1/2-inch sticks.
5) Wipe mushrooms to clean and cut off ends of stems, if necessary.
6) In a large plastic container,combine broccoli, carrots, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, artichokes and olives and mix well.
7) In a blender or food processor, combine Italian salad dressing, herb seasoning, sugar, mustard, seasoned pepper and garlic power and blend until smooth.
8) Pour the dressing over broccoli mixture.
9) Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning and shaking at intervals .
10) Serve chilled.