- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Frittata Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Potato||3 Medium, peeled, cut into very small pieces|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ham/Chicken||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up, cooked|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 329.3 mg109.8%
Sodium 461.1 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a large nonstick oven-proof skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
3) Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until lightly softened.
4) Add the potatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) In a small bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
6) Stir in the ham and three-quarters of the cheese.
7) Add to the skillet, then the reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes for until the bottom is brown and crusty, occasionally lifting edges so uncooked eggs can flow underneath.
8) Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese over the frittata, top with the tomatoes and the remaining cheese.
9) Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
10) Slice the frittata into wedges, garnish with the parsley and serve hot.