- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
All In One Leek and Pork Pot Roast Recipe
|Boneless and rolled shoulder joint of pork||4 Ounce (1 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , peeled and cut into wedges|
|Juniper berries||5 , crushed|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||4 , trimmed|
|White wine||9 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg
Sodium 61.2 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 89.2% Vitamin C 113.7%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
3) In a casserole, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add in the pork and brown it on all sides for about 10 mins.
4) Add in the onions to the pork and sauté for about 5 mins until they start to tenderize.
5) Add the juniper berries. Sprinkle sugar and add the vinegar. Allow it to simmer for a few seconds.
6) Nestle the leeks, the rest of the bay leaves, and thyme into the casserole.
7) Pour the wine over the casserole. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours or until the meat is cooked and tender.
8) Note : You can freeze the dish for a month if you like.
9) Taste the sauce. Add in more seasoning if you like.
10) Serve in individual bowls with the meat, vegetables and sauce.