- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
All American Steak Broil Recipe
|Sirloin steak||1 , cut 1 1/2-inches thick|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar/Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced and separated into rings|
|Canned whole mushrooms||6 Ounce, drained|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2431 Calories from Fat 1910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g331.8%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.2 mg
Sodium 1144.1 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 29.3 g
Protein 58 g116.3%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 83.6%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, thyme and pepper in a small bowl; pour over the steak; cover. Let stand at room temperature to season.
3. When ready to cook meat, rub hot grill with a few fat trimmings to help prevent sticking. Remove steak from marinade and place on grill about 6 inches above hot coals.
4. Grill, brushing several times with marinade from pan, 10 minutes; turn. Grill 10 minutes longer for rare, or until steak is done as you like it.
5. While meat cooks, saute onion rings in butter or margarine until soft in a large skillet at the edge of grill; stir in mushrooms; keep hot.
6. Remove steak to a cutting board or large platter; spoon onions and mushrooms around the edge. Slice the steak 1/4 inch thick.