- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Alfredo Sauce Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning/Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g144%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.1 mg49.7%
Sodium 397.1 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.22 g0.89%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 0.62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan, add butter and heavy cream. Let it simmer on a very low temperature.
2. Add cream cheese and stir continuously till it melts and the mixture looks smooth. Turn off the heat.
3. Add the parmigiana reggiano cheese and garlic powder and stir well.
4. Add dry Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and some crushed red pepper flakes.
5. Serve mixed with different varieties of pasta.
If heavy cream is not available, you can use milk to substitute it.