- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japchae Recipe Video
|Noodles||1 Pound (starch noodle/ daengmyun)|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|White mushrooms||100 Gram, julienned|
|Shitake mushroom||100 Gram, julienned|
|Carrot||1 Medium, julienned|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Scallion||2 Medium, julienned|
|Beef steak meat||1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1340 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 258.5 mg86.2%
Sodium 1446.4 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 56 g112.2%
Vitamin A 201.5% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 55.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot boil water and cook the daengmyun for around 3 minutes. Drain into a colander and retain the boiling water .
2. Blanche the spinach in it for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water few times to stop the cooking process.
3. In a large mixing bowl transfer the noodles and spinach. Set aside.
4. In a pan, heat olive oil, stir-fry the carrot till tender. Remove from heat and add to bowl with noodles and spinach.
5. Mix noodles, spinach, and carrot strips with soy sauce and sesame oil.
6. Stir-fry the onion slices and scallion and add to mixing bowl and mix.
7. Mince the garlic cloves and stir-fry with the beef. Add mushrooms halfway through cooking the beef. Put sugar and stir-fry until cooked.
8. Remove the beef and mushrooms and add to mixing bowl with rest of the ingredients.
9. Mix again with some more soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and black pepper powder.
10. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the japchae topped with sesame seeds.