- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Akees And Cheese Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Swiss cheese/Use cheddar cheese of same quantity and form||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Canned akees||18 Ounce, drained|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated swiss cheese/Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 46.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a frying pan, stir butter until melted.
2) Cook the onion until it is soft and slight brown in color.
Now add the akees.
3) Cook, mix with a fork as you would cook scrambled eggs, for 3 or 4 minutes or until well- heated through.
4) Fold in the cheese.
5) Cook, mixing all the time, until the cheese is melted.
6) Take away from heat and season with pepper.
7) Scatter on top with parsley before serving.