- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Ice Cream (Akbar Mashti) Bastani Recipe Video
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon (zafran)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Liter, boiled|
|Rose water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salep||1 Teaspoon (Orchid tuber flour)|
|Whipping cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Pistachio||4 Tablespoon, sliced|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.2 mg7.7%
Sodium 53.5 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass soak saffron for 20 minutes in boiling water.
2. Take a plate, line it with parchment paper. Pour 2 tablespoon cream, spread it across the plate evenly and put it in freezer for around 3 hours.
3. Into a bowl pour boiling milk. Add the saffron and rose water to the bowl and stir.
4. In a separate bowl mix the sugar and salep, then add it to the milk bowl gradually while stirring.
5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream making machine and churn for 20 minutes or until resembles ice cream.
6. Put the ice cream in a container and freeze it for at least 3 hours before serving.
7. In a serving bowl, serve the ice cream sprinkled with pistachios and smashed frozen cream.
If ice cream machine is not available place the bowl in a large ice-filled trough and keep stirring for half an hour (fill with more ice if needed). Put the bowl in refrigerator for half an hour and repeat the step until it becomes creamy or resembles ice cream.