- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aji Sashimi Recipe Video
|Daikon||1 , shredded|
|Dried seaweed salad||1 Tablespoon (Dried Seaweed Salad soaked in water)|
|Ginger||To Taste, grated|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.96 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 942.6 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.8%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 135.5%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the aji with running water. Pat it dry with paper towel.
2. Make a deep diagonal cut in order to cut off the head diagonally.
3. Make shallow cut along the belly and remove the innards with the knife. Rinse the inside of the aji with running water.
4. Place the aji diagonally and make shallow angle cut along the belly and then a deep horizontal cut.
5. Repeat the same cutting technique on the other side of the aji.
6. Place the knife inside the tail and slide the blade along the back bone towards the head removing the fillet.
7. Detach the fillet from the tail.
8. Flip the rest of the aji and make shallow angle cut along the back and then a deep horizontal cut.
9. Rotate the aji to 180 degrees and repeat the same cutting technique.
10. Place the knife inside the tail and slide the blade along the back bone removing the other fillet.
11. Detach the fillet from the tail.
12. Remove the rib bones from both fillets. Make a shallow cut along the back of rib bones and then shake them off.
13. Remove the small bones from the centre of the fillet with a tweezer.
14. Peel the skin with your hands. Place the blade between the back of the fillet and skin and push through in order to remove the skin.
15. Peel the skin from the other fillet with the same method.
16. Cut the fillet into the sashimi pieces using a long sashimi knife.
17. Cut the other fillet into bite-size pieces.
18. Place the sashimi on a plate garnished with shredded daikon, shiso leaves and seaweed salad.
19. Serve the dish with wasabi, soy sauce and grated ginger.