- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ahi Tuna With Tomato-Soy Sauce Recipe Video
|Fresh tuna||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar plum/Cherry tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh arugula||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1264 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 4104.8 mg171%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 112 g224.8%
Vitamin A 229.7% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small pan and sauté the garlic until fragrant.
2. Whisk in soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, and wasabi powder.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil and add tomatoes, and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until tomatoes are wrinkly.
4. In another pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil over high heat. When oil is hot season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper and place into pan and cook each side for 30 seconds.
5. Take a handful of arugula and place on a plate. Put a tuna steak on top and spoon the tomato-soy sauce on top of the tuna, making sure to get some tomatoes!
6. Serve hot and enjoy!