- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ahi Tuna Burritos Recipe
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Ahi tuna/Albacore /yellow tail /blue fin tuna||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned black beans||12 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.2%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 1267.6 mg52.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mince the onion.
3. Cut the fish into small pieces.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, fish, chili powder, and garlic salt.
5. Stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon. As the fish begins to cook, use the spoon to break it into flakes.
6. Lay each tortilla on a sheet of foil (make the sheets a few inches wider than the tortillas). On top of each tortilla, places 2 tablespoons fish, 1 tablespoon black beans, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Roll up the burritos and seal with foil.
7. Place the foil-wrapped burritos directly on the rack of a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
This recipe is excerpted from Your Time to Cook.
Copyright © 2010 by Robert L. Blakeslee. Square One Publishers.