- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ahi Poke Salad With Lemon Grass Chili Dressing Recipe
|For lemon grass chili dressing|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sambal sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced lemon grass||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|For ahi poki salad|
|Ahi tuna||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cubed|
|Diced white onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced white onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sambal oelek||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed greens||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Field Greens)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 1194.3 mg49.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 77.9% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the salad dressing, in glass mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir until the sugar dissolves and all the liquids are well blended.
2. Place the dressing in the refrigerator and allow it to chill, so that all the flavors blend together.
3. To prepare the salad, in mixing bowl, combine the tuna, onions, sambal oleke, inamona, sesame oil and salt. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
4. Just before serving, in a salad bowl, toss the mixed greens which have been washed and drained.
5. Pour the dressing over the greens and toss using 2 serving spoon until the leaves are well coated with the dressing.
6. On 6 salad plates, heap the dressed salad greens.
7. Spoon the tuna mixture over the bed of greens.
8. Drizzle the remaining dressing from the bowl over the salad and serve immediately.