- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
African Rock Lobster En Casserole Recipe
|Frozen asparagus spears||20 Ounce, cooked following package directions (2 Packages, 10 Ounces Each)|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon, blended with about 1 tablespoon cold water|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , fork beaten|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Teaspoon|
|Frozen rock lobster tails||24 Ounce (South African)|
|Parmesan romano cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2665 Calories from Fat 894
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.4%
Saturated Fat 45.2 g225.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1031 mg
Sodium 4076.5 mg169.9%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 208 g415.6%
Vitamin A 96% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 83.1% Iron 98.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove cooked lobster tails and place under running cold water until cool enough to handle. With scissors, cut along each edge of bony membrane on the underside of shell; remove meat.
3. Dice half of the meat and cut remainder into chunks; set aside.
4. Heat butter in a heavy saucepan; stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Add broth gradually while blending thoroughly. Stirring constantly, bring rapidly to boiling, and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately blend about 3 tablespoonfuls into egg yolks and stir into the hot sauce. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Blend in half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and diced lobster. Heat thoroughly.
6. Divide cooked asparagus equally among 6 individual casseroles. Spoon over spaghetti and hot lobster sauce. Generously shake cheese over all. Top with lobster chunks and almonds.