- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice with Meat - Ceebou Yapp - Senegalese Cuisine Recipe Video
|Beef meat||500 Gram, cubed|
|Bouillon cube||3 , divided|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard||2 Tablespoon (preferably Dijon mustard)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and cut|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potato||1 , peeled and cut|
|Cubed pumpkin chunks||100 Gram (2 pieces)|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , cut into pieces|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.9 mg
Sodium 721.8 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the beef with bouillon cubes, salt and black pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil and brown meat for few minutes.
3. Add mustard, onion, and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in black pepper, one bouillon cube and bay leaves. Saute for 5 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Pour water and add carrot, potato, pumpkin, cabbage, and chili. Add more vegetable of your choice, if desired. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until done.
6. Remove the vegetables for skillet and reserve. Do not remove the meat.
7. Add the washed rice and season with salt. Cover and cook the rice on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve with the vegetables and enjoy!
Add Yete and saute with bouillon cube, if desired.