- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plantain Chips Recipe Video
|Green plantain||3 , peeled|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For spice mix|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 165.6 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice plantain and soak in water for 5-10 minutes to wash away the excess starch.
2. Drain well and season with salt.
3. In a pan, heat the vegetable oil until it reaches 350 degree F.
4. Fry the plantain for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
6. Season fried plantain with spice mix and serve immediately.