- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lettuce Soup - African Cuisine Recipe Video
|Lettuce||500 Gram, cleaned and chopped finely|
|Meat||300 Gram, cut into cubes|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Bouillon cube||1 (Chicken Seasoning or Maggi)|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
|Chili||To Taste (Optional)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 639.7 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 29 g58.2%
Vitamin A 220.4% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, boil chopped lettuce in water for 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In another pan, put the meat and fish, boil for 10-15 minutes with some salt. Strain and reserve the liquid.
3. In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the pre-boiled meat, with onion and bouillon.
4. Pour the reserved water of the meat. Cover and let it cook.
5. Remove the bones from the fish and reserve the meat.
6. Add the peanut butter in the skillet, pour some water and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add the pre-boiled leaves and 1 cup of water in the skillet. Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Stir in fish and season with salt and chili (optional). Cook until the soup thickens.
9. Serve with rice and enjoy.