- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
African Jus De Bissap Recipe Video
|Dry hibiscus flower/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Vanilla/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Strawberry/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Mint leaves/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Water/Null||1 1⁄2 Liter (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.07 g0.1%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.07%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g69.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 207.5 g
Protein 0.22 g0.45%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the flowers.
2. Put them in a casserole with the water and bring it to boil for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add the mint leaves.
4. Let it cool down.
5. Pour the juice through a strainer into another container.
6. Add some sugar, the vanilla and the strawberry flavor.
7. Put in the refrigerator. Serve very cold and enjoy!