- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
African Eggplant Stew With Fish Recipe Video
|Eggplants||4 , washed, peeled and cut into medium pieces|
|Fish||1 Large, cut into 4 pieces|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 (Mash One Of The Two Tomatoes)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Bouillon cube||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried shrimp||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 670 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.3 mg
Sodium 1403.5 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.2%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 87 g174.3%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 35.9%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oil and sauté the onion for few minutes.
2. Add the fish, one mashed tomato, and salt and let the fish cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the fish form the saucepan and reserve.
4. Add 2 cup of water in the saucepan with the eggplant, 1 fresh tomato, one onion and the tomato paste.
5. Cover and let simmer till the vegetables are tender, around 15 minutes.
6. Remove all the vegetables and put in a food processor.
7. Mix the vegetables with a bouillon cube and the dried shrimp.
8. Transfer the mixture in the saucepan and add the reserved fish.
9. Add more water if the sauce is too thick.
10. Season the stew with some chili powder and salt to taste.
11. Let simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes.
12. Serve with rice or couscous. Enjoy!