- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cassava Leaves Sauce - African Food - Feuilles de Manioc Recipe Video
|Beef meat||200 Gram, cut into cubes (or any meat)|
|Blended cassava leaves||200 Gram|
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Palm oil/Peanut oil||100 Milliliter|
|Onion||1 , blended|
|Bouillon cube||2 (Chicken Seasoning or Maggi Jumbo)|
|Okra||3 , finely chopped|
|Smoked fish powder||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.3 mg
Sodium 1078.7 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a saucepan on flame, add meat, fish, salt, and 1 cup of water. Bring it to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
2. Remove the fish from water when done and then add the cassava leaves in the saucepan with meat. Cook for another 5 minutes or just until it starts to boil.
3. Add another cup of water and peanut butter and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour palm oil, and add onion, chili, and bouillon cube. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer.
5. Remove the bones from the precooked fish and add in to the sauce.
6. Season with salt and 1 tablespoon of smoked fish powder(if using) and then add okra. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!