- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
ADOBO MACKEREL (Galunggong Adobo) Recipe Video
|Mackerel fish||1 Kilogram|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Green chili||2 , pickled (for garnish)|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.6 mg
Sodium 1349.5 mg56.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, clean and cut mackerel.
2. In a wide mouthed pan over heat, arrange the mackerel pieces.
3. Add garlic, ginger and season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
5. Gently stir and cover.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
7. Ladle marinade over the fish as shown in the video and gently flip the fish pieces over.
8. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Gently shake the pan and bathe the fish pieces with marinade.
9. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes now.
10. Remove cover and reduce sauce.
11. Turn off heat and plate it.
12. Serve with steamed white rice alongside pickled green chilies.