- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Achappam - Flower Shaped Cookies Recipe
|Fine rice flour||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, whisked|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil/Refined vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 904 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.1%
Saturated Fat 38 g189.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 145.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Gradually add the eggs and whisk to make a thick batter.
3. Stir in sugar, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and salt.
4. Heat oil in a wok and warm the achappam mould in it.
5. Take some batter in a small vessel and dip the hot mould into it, taking care not to immerse the mould completely.
6. Dip the mould coated with batter rapidly in the hot oil.
7. The achappam will float free in the oil. Turn over and fry till golden brown on both sides. Drain off excess oil and transfer to a paper. Store in airtight container.