- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops Recipe Video
|Sea scallops||1 Pound|
|Orange||1 Medium, sliced into rounds|
|For the marinade|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, chopped finely (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|For the seasoning|
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 288.6 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Aluminium foil
1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients starting with the vegetable oil and lemon juice.
2. Add the parsley, fennel seeds, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3. Add the slices of 1 medium orange into the bowl.
4. Add 1 pound of fresh sea scallops, mix to combine everything well.
5. Add lemon pepper and orange juice (if using), mix well again and set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for about 4 to 8 hours.
6. Turn on the oven on a broil setting.
7. Take a couple of skewers and insert the marinated sea scallops into them. Place them on a foil (as shown in the video) and broil for about 3 - 5 minutes turning sides when you see the edges turn brownish black.
8. Serve hot right away sprinkled with some paprika.
In the same recipe, you can also use vegetables of your choice like potatoes, red onions and zucchini as well.