- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Accordion Potatoes Recipe
|Baking potatoes||10 Ounce, cut in half lengthwise (2 Potatoes, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Italian seasoning||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg
Sodium 868.9 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. On a chopping board or clean surface, place the potato half with the cut side down and cut it crosswise only Â¾th of the way into 1/3 inch slices.
3. On a non-stick baking sheet, place the sliced potato halves.
4. Over each potato half, apply Â¼ teaspoon oil with a brush and season with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
6. In a small nonstick skillet, pour the remaining oil and heat.
7. Add pepper and cook with frequent stirring over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds until the peppers are tender and crisp.
8. Add the leftover Italian seasoning and sprinkle cheese; stir to mix.
9. Over each potato half, spoon pepper mixture evenly.
10. Serve hot.