- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aam ka achar - Hot Mango Pickle Recipe Video
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Raw mango||1 Large, cubed|
|Red chili powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole dry red chilies||3 Medium|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl, into it add ground/crushed fenugreek seeds, red chili powder, paprika, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida and mix well.
2. In a small pan, heat about 3 tablespoons of oil and add 2 dry whole red chilies. When they are browned slightly, add the chilies along with the oil to the mixed pickle masala. And stir well.
3. Add the cut raw mango pieces to it and mix to combine well. Store this mixture in an air tight container for about 24 hours.
4. After 24 hours add more oil and the pickle is ready to serve.
5. Serve the pickle as a condiment with your choice of Indian dishes.
If required to store the pickle for a long period of time then refrigerate it for freshness.