- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tortellini Stew Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cubed|
|Northern beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Gram|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tortellini pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the seasoning|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, chopped finely|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 548 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Crock pot
1. Heat up a crock pot, add a chopped medium yellow onion, cubed zucchini, northern beans, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth.
2. Season it with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Flavor it with some Italian seasoning and add a couple of cloves of finely chopped garlic. Give it a stir, cover and simmer for about 6 hours.
4. In the last 20 minutes, uncover the pot and add the tortellini pasta. Cover again and let it simmer until the pasta is done.
5. Serve warm with some garlic flavored pita bread.