- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jackie Koh's Smoky Korean Meatballs Recipe Video
|Medium ground beef||2 Pound|
|Medium ground pork||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger root||2 Tablespoon|
|Gochujang||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pear juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mirin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Roasted black sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Korean chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For korean noodles stir fry|
|Mung bean||8 Ounce (or sweet potato noodles)|
|Sweet onion||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Baby spinach||1⁄2 Pound, parboiled|
|Carrot||2 , julienned|
|Scallions||3 , chop|
|Napa cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Shiitake mushroom||5 , slice (rehydrated if dried)|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Barbecued pork||6 Ounce, thinly sliced (or pork) (Optional)|
|For fried zucchini|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (1-2)|
Calories 1603 Calories from Fat 942
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.6%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.5 mg
Sodium 3848.3 mg160.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 76 g151.3%
Vitamin A 160% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For meatball, in a large mixing bowl, add beef, pork, onion, garlic, ginger, chili paste, soy sauce, sugar, pear juice, mirin, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chili powder, and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and pop it in refrigerator overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C.
4. Grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
5. Clump meat mixture and roll it into 1 1/2 –inch diameter meatballs.
6. Place meatballs on baking sheet.
7. For stir fry, follow package direction and cook noodles.
8. For fried zucchini, cut zucchini into slices and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over it. Rub to coat well.
9. In a shallow dish, combine remaining salt and beaten egg. Mix well.
10. In a separate dish, put flour and set aside.
11. For meatballs, place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until almost cooked through and set. Rotate the sheet, once while baking.
12. Meanwhile preheat barbecue to medium high.
13. Remove meatballs from the oven, and place them directly on grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through with nice grill marks, turning once halfway.
14. For stir fry, place a large wok on medium high flame, heat vegetable oil, and a tablespoon of sesame oil in it.
15. Drop onion and garlic. Saute for a minute.
16. Throw spinach, carrot, scallion, cabbage, and mushroom. Stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are half cooked.
17. Reduce the heat to low and add cooked noodles in it.
18. Add soy sauce, sugar and remaining sesame oil. Mix well, and cook for another 2 minutes.
19. Taste and season with salt and soy sauce, if needed.
20. Sprinkle sesame seeds and meat slices on top, if desired.
21. For fried zucchini, place a saute pan on medium flame, and grease it with oil.
22. Drop zucchini slices first into flour, and then wash it with egg.
23. Place zucchini slices in pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are light golden brown, turning once.
24. Serve meatballs with stir fried noodles, fried zucchini and dipping sauce.