- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Three Cheese Pie Recipe
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Cantal cheese||4 Ounce, diced (100 Gram)|
|Gruyere cheese||4 Ounce, diced (100 Gram)|
|Walnuts||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.4 mg88.8%
Sodium 383 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, tip in the cream cheese and beaten eggs
2. Add the diced cheese, nuts, onion and parsley.
3. Mix well and season to taste
4. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6)
5. On a floured pastry board, set out the pastry
6. Roll out half the pastry to 1/2 inch (5 mm) thickness, in a circle 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter.
7. Grease an inch (18 cm) quiche tin and then line it with the rolled pastry
8. Fill the pastry case with the cheese mixture
9. Brush the edges of the pastry with water
10. Roll out the rest of the pasty to form another ring that will cover the pin pan.
11. Crimp the edges of the pastry to cover the filling on the inside and seal it in.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
13. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.