- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Scrumptious Raw Pecan Pie Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Pinch|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|For the filling|
|Pecan nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked for 6 hours|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Vanilla bean powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add almonds, walnuts, raisins and blend till coarse.
2. Put the cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder an continue blending till it forms a sticky ball.
3. Transfer it on a plate or pie pan and spread it evenly from center towards the edges. Press gently.
4. In the food processor add the pecan, banana, dates, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder. Process it till fine as desired.
5. Pour it on the almond walnut crust. Spread evenly spatula.
6. Decorate with Pecan nuts and refrigerate if desired.
7. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve it garnished with banana slices and almonds or as it is.